This is fun and easy seasonal craft suitable for people who like getting messy! It only requires basic things, like paper, watercolor, etc.
- Square Paper
- Book (optional)
1. Get a piece of square paper and fold it in half (horizontally) and in half again. Then fold it in half diagonally. This is just an example, as you can do it however you like.
2. Draw a pattern of your choice on the folded paper and cut along the lines.
3. Unfold the paper. It should look something like this:
4. Flatten your snowflake with a book (or any other thing that is flat and heavy) and place it on a piece of sketchbook paper.
5. Dip a toothbrush in some watercolor and start spraying the color over the paper by running your finger along the bristles of the toothbrush. It is best to hold the snowflake down with and do the spraying with your other hand. WARNING: Do not move the paper snowflake!
6. Once you feel you have covered just about the entire shape of the snowflake, go ahead and take the shape off. Ta Da!
7. Now you can do whatever you want with this snowflake painting. Choosing to make another one and spraying it with a completely different color overlapping the first snowflake is what I would choose to do. After that, just stick it anywhere in the house, or even put in in a frame! (drawing a pretty border around the picture would be nice, too)